Day One: Erica

Janet, Erica, Micahia, Hannah, Rebecca, and Clarissa at St. Stephen’s Green
 When I first found out that I was going to go to Ireland and got past the initial excitement of the opportunity, I realized that I would be going to another country with complete strangers. That thought is pretty intimidating. Many students that participate in study abroad programs go with instructors and classmates that they see and interact with on a regular basis. As on online student, I do not know my professors and classmates on that personal level, and do not have those connections. I was optimistic about my group, but anxious about how things would go and worried whether or not my personality and habits would mesh with those of my group members and leaders. 

Hannah got to get close and personal 
with some Dublin birds during our 
stroll through St. Stephen's.
I am happy to say that my group members and group leaders could not be better. Although we all come from different backgrounds and cities, we have common goals and hope to learn more about academic advising to enhance our knowledge and skills for our careers in higher education, as well as to better serve our students. Although we have only been in Ireland for a short time so far, we are gaining insight into Ireland and her history, and we are absorbing as much of the Irish culture as possible while we can. 

Comments